Learn everything you need to know about the information technology that supports Florida's next generation integrated library system.
The Critical Role of Institution IT Contacts
Most of the work for implementation will be performed by the vendor, FALSC staff, and library staff at each institution. However, IT staff at your institution may be needed to replicate existing integrations between the new ILS and local ERP systems in order to maintain existing campus services.
While the initial implementation will focus on maintaining current integrations, the new system provides more features than the legacy platform, including real-time integration for various services. More information about functionality and integration will be communicated as the implementation proceeds. Participation and feedback of IT Contacts will be critical for developing best strategies, identifying and overcoming roadblocks, and finalizing a timeline for integration.
ERP integration is scheduled to begin in February 2017, when a pre-production test platform is available for testing.
Stay Informed, Get Involved
ILS implementation is utilizing wikis to facilitate discussion and collaboration. A generic password is required to view wiki content and an individual password is required for authorized users to edit wiki content. Access is available to staff at Florida’s public colleges and universities. Please contact your Local ILS Coordinator or the Help Desk to request login information.
- API specifications
- We will be working with your institution’s current batch integration files and how they can be maintained or if possible changes are needed.
- April: Contract signed
- April: Working Groups form
- April: Discussion Groups available
- April-May: Regional user meetings
- May: Documentation webinar
- May-July: FALSC staff training
- July-August: Sierra and Encore servers set up
- September-December: Functionality training for Working Groups and FALSC staff
- February-July 2017: Training for college and university library staff statewide
- July 2018: "Go Live"