The computer classooms have been booked for in-person training that will take place in Spring 2017. Thank you to the 31 host sites! Each of the 40 ILS Coordinators has been sent their institution’s in-person training schedule. There are 152 days of training being conducted by trainers from Innovative Interfaces on seven separate topics: Two days of Acquisitions training, two days of Circulation, one day of Cataloging, one day of Reports and one day of Electronic Resource Management. Registration for these in-person trainings is now complete. A message will be sent to the ILS Coordinators once a month with open seats available for the next month in an effort to fill every available seat.
Library staff who have completed their training should now focus on reviewing their data and polices in Sierra and sending feedback to help @flvc.org with any issues they find. They can also begin customizing templates and other functions within Sierra. Webinars will be offered throughout the Spring to increase knowledge on specifc aspects of the system. Please see the webinar schedule and follow the instructions to register for the sessions relevant to you.
- April: Contract signed
- April: Working Groups form
- April: Discussion Groups available
- April-May: Regional user meetings
- May: Documentation webinar
- May-July: FALSC staff training
- July-August: Sierra and Encore servers set up
- September-December: Functionality training for Working Groups and FALSC staff
- February-July 2017: Training for college and university library staff statewide
- July 2018: "Go Live"