Register for in-person, online, and recorded training events provided by FALSC and by Innovative Interfaces.
Feb. 7, 2017
A new document, "Instructions for Trainees," is now available. This document includes items you should bring with you to the in-person training sessions, directions to the sessions, parking information, and more. Please download it, click Enable editing, and view the navigation on the left for trainee instructions and directions to your training host site.
January 10, 2017
The Sierra / Encore Duet Training Working Group presented a training update on Jan.9, 2017. The meeting was well attended, with 220 library staff logged on. The main topic of discussion was the new Training Tracks document, which organizes the available training into topic areas. The group hopes this will give library staff a starting point as training kicks off this semester, and would like to encourage all library staff to review the document and start learning about the new system.
See the Training working group wiki for the session recording, the PowerPoint, and a link to the Training Tracks Document. Log in to the wiki with the view-only password. Contact the FLVC Help Desk for login information. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recorded Training Events
Access recorded webinars and training material on your schedule.
Upcoming Training Events
View and register for upcoming training events.
- The Training Working Group will identify training requirements
- Innovative Interfaces will provide system-specific training to FALSC and library staff
- FALSC will develop live and recorded webinars on specific topics
- Online training modules will be available for library staff
- A training database will be available to library staff for testing and practice
July – December 2016
- Training for Working Groups
- Develop training for library staff
January – May 2017
- Training for library staff provided by vendor
- Webinars on ILS topics provided by FALSC
- Training server built, configured, and made available to libraries
- April: Contract signed
- April: Working Groups form
- April: Discussion Groups available
- April-May: Regional user meetings
- May: Documentation webinar
- May-July: FALSC staff training
- July-August: Sierra and Encore servers set up
- September-December: Functionality training for Working Groups and FALSC staff
- February-July 2017: Training for college and university library staff statewide
- July 2017: "Go Live"