Learn about the Working Groups supporting the implementation of our new integrated library system.
The project has eight Working Groups, each of which oversees a specific area of the new system. Each group consists of six to nine library staff members and a FALSC staff liaison.
Each Working Group maintains a wiki with information about its work. Only Working Group members may contribute to those wikis, but view-only access is available to all staff at Florida’s public colleges and universities. For log-in information, contact the Help Desk.
Each Working Group also has a corresponding Discussion Group that communicates through its own Listserv discussion list. Library staff who are not serving on a Working Group are urged to sign up for a Discussion Group and help shape the development of the new ILS..
|Acquisitions/Serials Working Group||Wiki||Discussion Group|
|Cataloging/Authorities Working Group||Wiki||Discussion Group|
|Circulation/Resource Sharing Working Group||Wiki||Discussion Group|
|Discovery Interface Working Group||Wiki||Discussion Group|
|E-Resources Management Working Group||Wiki||Discussion Group|
|Joint Use Working Group||Wiki||Discussion Group|
|Systems Working Group||Wiki||Discussion Group|
|Training Working Group||Wiki||Discussion Group|
A FALSC staff person serves as liaison to each Working Group.
|Working and Discussion Group||FALSC Liaison||FALSC Co-Liaison|
|Acquisitions/Serials||Donna Alsbury||Natalie Henri-Bennett|
|Cataloging/Authorities||Daniel Cromwell||Melissa Stinson|
|Circulation/Resource Sharing||Wendy Ellis||Brenda Rutten|
|Discovery Interface||Cherie McCraw||John Sandstrum|
|E-Resources Management||Scott Schmucker||Cherie McCraw|
|Joint Use||Mary Ann O’Daniel||Wendy Ellis|
|Systems||Jeannie Dixon||Cindy Fox|
|Training||Brenda Rutten||Lisa Tatum|
- April: Contract signed
- April: Working Groups form
- April: Discussion Groups available
- April-May: Regional user meetings
- May: Documentation webinar
- May-July: FALSC staff training
- July-August: Sierra and Encore servers set up
- September-December: Functionality training for Working Groups and FALSC staff
- February-July: Training for college and university library staff statewide
- August-September: Production server reload
- October-December: Preproduction Verification
- December: Executive Review