Offline Circulation Info
If the Aleph system is not available, staff can continue to check in and check materials using the Off-Line Circulation function. Aleph Version 23 has new method that allows users this capability using the regular Circulation Client. Please follow the instructions below:
- Open your ALEPH Production client.
- Log in with your username and password - you will receive an error saying the server cannot be reached. Click 'OK.' ALEPH will ask if you want to open the client anyway, Click 'Yes.'
- At the top of the client choose "Circulation" from the menu and then "Offline Circulation."
Offline Circulation Recommendations:
We recommend using the v.23 Offline Circulation to check out regular loans to patrons and putting aside regular returns until the system is back up. You could also manually track loans with paper or a spreadsheet. Full instructions can be found starting on the bottom of page 101 here: ALEPH 23 Staff User's Guide to Circulation
We do not recommend using offline circulation for returns to prevent possible mix ups due to loan/return of the same item multiple times.
When the system is back up you would process all your offline circulation files first and then return your regular loans. It is very important to return your items after you are completely finished processing all offline circulation files. This will prevent a returned item from being erroneously checked out to a patron.
Short term loans like reserves should be tracked manually with paper or a spreadsheet since they are high use.
How to process the Offline Circulation file:
Once the system is back up (or whenever your library reopens), go to each client that used Offline Circulation and send the file. Full instructions can be found starting on the bottom of page 101 here: ALEPH 23 Staff User's Guide to Circulation
- Log on to the v.23 Production client that was used to Loan items.
- Click "Circulation" and then "Offline Circulation."
- Click the "Send File" button.
- Click on the "Offline Circulation - Check Report" tab to view any errors or issues that you might need to look into. Click "Print" to print this file.
- Once you have sent the file and printed the report you can click the "Delete File" button under the "Offline Circulation" and "Offline Circulation - Check Report" tabs. This will clear the way for Offline Circulation use in the future. If you want to look at or save a copy of these raw files before they are deleted you will find them at Circ/files/xxx50/ where the xxx is your institution's letters. The files are named offcirc.dat and offcirc.log.
- Media Booking and Maintenance
- Primary Circulation Policy Tables
- Code Standards (Statuses, ID Types)
- Email Notices Sent from the Aleph Server
- Overdue Blocks
- Setting up a New Item for Circulation
- Workstation Identifier
- Return Transfer Slips
- Offline Circulation
- Item Unavailable Request Workflow
- Item Available Request Workflow
- Email Hold Request Letter and Print Slip
- Delay Emailing Hold Request Letter
- Printing Setup for Hold Requests
- Aleph Patron Load Format (PLIF)
- Cash Export Fields
- Circulation Text Alert System
- Patron verification: University Patron
- Reading Room
- Printing and Email Information