Aleph Version 23 Client
In order to use Aleph version 23, you must download and install a new Aleph client. The version 20 client will not work with the Aleph version 23 servers. The new client software must be installed for each workstation that needs to connect to the system. Because version 23 clients do not overwrite version 20 clients, both clients can exist on a workstation during the upgrade process.
**NOTE: The data in the TEST client was copied over on July 15, 2018. You will not find any records or transactions after this date. If you are having probems logging in to the v.23 TEST client, try using your last ALEPH password. If you don't remember your last password, please contact the Help Desk with your ALEPH username.
FALSC supports three Aleph version 23 servers that are available to institutions:
- Production (or Prod) – This is our main working environment where all routine transactions take place. It contains live up-to-date data for all components of the system (circulation, cataloging, acquisitions, etc.)
- Test – The Test server is exactly what the name implies, a place to test out new settings or functionality without affecting the production data. This server is heavily used by FALSC staff to tweak various settings in the system before making any changes on the production server. Data on the test server is typically static and is not up-to-date. FALSC refreshes the Test server data periodically as needed.
- Report server – The Report server is used by the SUS institutions and by FALSC to run various system and custom reports without affecting the performance of the production server. Data on the Report server is refreshed at the end of each day, so all but time-specific reports can be completed on this system.
NOTE: Until the Version 23 upgrade is complete in December 2018, only the Test server and corresponding client will be available to institutions.
Instructions for Downloading the Client Software
From the list below, find your institution and click on which client software you wish to download (Production, Test, or Report). You will be prompted to enter a username and password. Use a valid Aleph account from your institution to begin the download process. Follow the instructions given by your browser to complete the download. FALSC recommends that you save the file to a separate folder or to a flash drive, especially if you are installing the software on multiple workstations.
|Broward College||Test Client|
|Chipola College||Test Client|
|College of Central Florida||Test Client|
|Daytona State College||Test Client|
|Eastern Florida State College||Test Client|
|Florida A&M Univ.||Test Client|
|Florida Acad. Repository (FLARE)||Test Client|
|Florida Atlantic Univ.||Test Client|
|Florida Gateway College||Test Client|
|Florida Gulf Coast Univ.||Test Client|
|Florida International Univ.||Test Client|
|Florida Keys Comm. College||Test Client|
|Florida Polytechnic Univ.||Test Client|
|Florida Southwestern College||Test Client|
|Florida State College at Jax||Test Client|
|Florida State Univ.||Test Client|
|Gulf Coast State College||Test Client|
|Hillsborough Comm. College||Test Client|
|Indian River State College||Test Client|
|Lake Sumter State College||Test Client|
|Miami Dade College||Test Client|
|New College||Test Client|
|North Florida Comm. College||Test Client|
|NW Florida State College||Test Client|
|Palm Beach State College||Test Client|
|Pasco-Hernando State College||Test Client|
|Pensacola State College||Test Client|
|Polk State College||Test Client|
|Santa Fe College||Test Client|
|Seminole State College||Test Client|
|South Florida State College||Test Client|
|St. Johns River State College||Test Client|
|St. Petersburg College||Test Client|
|State College of FL-Manatee||Test Client|
|Tallahassee Comm. College||Test Client|
|Univ. of Central Florida||Test Client|
|Univ. of Florida||Test Client|
|Univ. of North Florida||Test Client|
|Univ. of South Florida||Test Client|
|Univ. of West Florida||Test Client|
|Valencia College||Test Client|
Instructions for Installing the Client Software
Once you have downloaded the Aleph version 23 client software, you will need to install it on every workstation that is used to interact with the system. Simply click on the executable file and follow the instructions when prompted. It may prompt you at the end to restart Windows.
Here are some tips to ensure the software loads successfully:
- Put the executable file on a shared drive or a flash drive. This will prevent you from having to download the file from this site multiple times, and it should make it easier to install the software on several workstations.
- Most networks require that the software be installed on the computer by someone who has administrator privileges. If you receive an error installing the software, check to make sure that you are logged on as an administrator. One way to ensure this is to right-click on the executable file name. A menu should appear with an option to “Run as Administrator.” Choose this option to start the installation process.
- Remember that many institutions use a variety of anti-virus programs that may block the software from installing. These programs may need to be disabled or programmed to allow the client software to load.
If you have any issues with the installation process, please feel free to contact the FLVC Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.